This charter identifies the things your child needs from you in order to succeed.
DREAM: Share our high expectations for your child’s learning and behaviour
- Ask your child about what they are learning and what they need to do to improve
- Encourage your child to join in after-school and holiday activities
- Show your child that you value education and learning so that they will too
- Set your child a good example of considerate and courteous behaviour in your dealings with school.
DRIVE: Be a driving force in your child’s goals and aspirations
- Make sure your child attends school and is always on time – be here by 8.45am & don’t book holidays during term time
- Give your child a regular routine at home
- Encourage healthy eating by providing a healthy snack for break times
- Make sure your child has a quiet space to do homework and check that it’s done
- Listen to your child reading and let them see that you enjoy reading too.
DUTY: Understand your role and responsibilities in supporting your child’s education
- Attend all parents evenings
- Support the school policies – they are there for the good of all pupils
- Maintain good communication with school and discuss any concerns promptly with us
- Respond to school requests and questionnaires on time
- Make sure school has your full and up to date contact details
- Help us to make school a safe and peaceful environment for all children through your considerate and respectful behaviour
DAZZLE: All our children are stars! Show pride in their success and in the school’s achievements
- Praise the skills, talents and successful learning of all pupils
- Notice when children behave well and praise them for it
- Attend school events and performances
- Be a good role model for your child by respecting other parents, staff, school neighbours and the school environment.
‘Our children are most successful when parents and school work together.’
We believe that a close partnership between the school, parents and the child is essential if we are to achieve this aim. We therefore ask all parents and children to sign up to our Parent Charter.