Sainsbury's School Games Gold Award
We have been involved for a number of years with the 'Sainsbury's School Games' initative.
It is awarded after assessment has been made using a number of factors to judge the provision made for PE within school. These are some of the criteria that are included in the assessment:
- The number of hours of planned PE within curriculum time
- The extra-curricular sports activities
- Involvement in inter-school and intra-school competition
- Developing Sports Leaders
- Links with external clubs
- Providing opportunities to attract less active young people to participate in physical activity
If you have any questions about this, or you feel that you may be able to contribute to PE as part of supporting an extra-curricular club, then please contact Mr Aldred (PE Co-ordinator).