Teaching and Learning Partnerships
Rowanfield Junior School is part of the Gloucestershire Learning Alliance (GLA). The GLA was formed in 2013 as a Multi Academy Trust consisting of Rowanfield Junior School, Springbank Primary Academy and Bishops Cleeve Primary Academy. Since then the trust has grown to include Rowanfield Infant School, Longford Park Primary Academy and as of September 2018, Badsey First School in Worcestershire.
The key driver for the GLA is centred on ensuring our children receive the best quality education through Quality First teaching. While we each strive for this in our own settings through effective recruitment and teaching and learning policies, we recognise that the shared capacity of expertise across the three schools will significantly impact on the outcomes we are able to achieve. We all share ambition for our schools to be OUTSTANDING for teaching. In addition the GLA’s vision is to secure:
· Outstanding teaching and pupil outcomes
· Successful recruitment of the best candidates at all levels
· Top quality CPD and coaching
· Influence on and leadership of Initial Teacher Training
· Fast track for future leaders and leadership development opportunities
· Development of shared roles across the schools
· Capacity to lead on School Improvement increasing the deployment opportunities to support other schools
· Savings through collective investment and procurement, using economies of scale for the purchasing of high quality services
· Expansion of the GLA by invitation of other like-minded schools/ academies to the Multi Academy Trust
· Outstanding governance
The GLA continues to be the Primary strategic partner with the Odyssey Teaching school alliance that is administered by Pates Grammar School. The Odyssey Teaching School Alliance aims to not only provide training and support for our own alliance partners, but to identify and co-ordinate expertise from within our alliance. This includes teacher training, developing leaders, supporting other schools, brokering specialist leaders to work in schools and engage in research. This collaboration provides enormous benefits for our children because they are enjoying an education in a forward-looking school, constantly reflecting and striving for excellence.